Joy Bus Service Information
- In the case that the bus arrives slightly early, the bus will wait until the time listed below. If you do not arrive at the bus by your assigned time, the bus will have to leave to go to the next pick-up.
- In the case that the bus is dropping off your child at home and you are not there to pick-up, we will have to continue to the next location and your child will stay on the bus and return to school. You will have to pick-up your child at Joy to the World in this case.
- Please understand that due to traffic and other uncontrollable circumstances, the bus may be late. If we will be more than 5 minutes past the time listed below, we will make our best effort to send an SMS message.
If you will be absent from school, there are two steps to follow to notify the school and the bus.
- Step 1: Either call the school or fill out the online absence form so that your Head Teacher is notified of your absence.
- Step 2: Send an SMS message directly to the bus.
- Please see the code next to the time to know which bus: (Y)=Yellow Bus、(B)=Blue Bus、(S)=Special Bus )
- Please understand there is no refund for cancelled bus trips.
Yellow Bus: 080-9446-0328
Blue Bus: 080-2343-6285
Special Bus: 070-4299-4598
Bus Service/Bus Troubles
Although we will try to avoid cancelling the bus, in the case of an unexpected situation such as a breakdown or extreme weather, we will inform you via SMS message. In those cases it will be the parents responsibility to bring their child to school. Bus StaffOur bus staff and driver are focused on helping the students get in and off of the bus and staying on schedule. Please refrain from having conversations with the monitor and driver. If you have a question about the schedule or the class, please email or call the school office.
⚠️ Please understand the rules above and also that there is no refund for tuition or bus service fees in the case of any of the reasons listed above.
⚠️ We ask that you please follow these rules for the safety of the children riding and to be sure that we can run the buses smoothly and on time. Bus service may be cancelled if the above rules are not followed.
Clarification on Bus Schedule Changes
Every change to the bus (day, time, location) within the term or after sign-up will incur a fee of ￥5000.
Every change needs to be submitted by the 10th of the previous month to take effect from the following month.
Bus Change from November 1st: Submission by October 10 required.
If Submission is after October 10, Bus Change will be valid from December.
New Bus Service Rule School Year
As the Joy Bus service is a reasonably priced set package, please understand that in the case that your bus service falls on the Final Performance day, the cost of the package is not adjusted.
Bus Safety Notice
Dear Joy Families,
As you may have seen in the news, there was a terrible incident in the Noborito area of Kawasaki the other day in which children were attacked while waiting for their school bus.
In response to this incident, to ensure the safety of students, we have instructed all Joy bus drivers and monitors to check the area around the buses thoroughly for suspicious persons when stopping at school bus stops.
We would also like to ask parents to be vigilant in checking the area around the bus stop when waiting for their children.