- Dates: March 27 - 31, 2023
- Ages: 18 mos - 10 Years Old
- Times: 9:30 am - 1:30 pm
- Extended Care Options available from 8:00 am to 6:45 pm
- December 26, 2022 Early Bird Discount Ends
- February 1, 2023 - Bus Signups End
- March 1, 2023 - Signups Close
About Joy Spring Program 2023!
Joy to the World’s Spring Program is a great chance to let your child enjoy their break from school by filling it with Spring fun!
The main goal of our special programs is to give families a chance to let their child explore their own creativity and make warm memories all while having the opportunity to experience Joy to the World’s top quality educational environment.
Your child will do crafts and science activities, dance, sing, explore nature, make friends and much more! Each day is a new activity and a new chance for all learners to smile and experience something new. Come join our Spring Program today and see the JOY difference.
- All programs include lunch
- Bus fees are for round-trip only (¥5000 for 5 Day Program, ¥1200 per day for Single Day Packages)
- Changing packages will incur a fee of ¥2,000
- 100% cancelation fee after payment is made. (Except for cases where a bus request is rejected, only in that case will a refund be issued without a cancelation fee.)
Sample Daily Schedule
This is a sample schedule showing all times.
After signing up online, you will receive an email with an enrollment confirmation.
If you do not receive this email, please call the school immediately. Your application will not be processed/submitted if you did not receive the confirmation email. Invoices will be emailed to the address used during the sign-up.
1. For families using our Early Bird Discount, please be sure to pay your invoice by the due date. If your payment is late, and you did not contact the office, the Early Bird Discount will not apply.
2. There are no refunds or make-ups for absences for any reason. If you are signed-up for early extended care, there is also no refund or make-ups for time lost by being late, or leaving early.
3. Children with food allergies may need to provide their own lunch or supplement their lunch. Please call for details. There is no discount or change in the tuition in this case.
4. Program changes after applying:
Please call us if you would like to change your programs days. After you call us, we will send you the link to the “Change of Status” form via e-mail for you to fill out.Please understand that we may not be able to change the days/class you signed up for if it is already full or if a bus schedule change cannot be provided. The change of status fee is ¥2,000. It is non-refundable.
5. Program cancellation:
Be sure to understand our cancellation policy before registering, and be careful in making your decision for the program's dayss and bus service to avoid cancellation fees.
For all Special Program sign ups, we have a 24 hour grace period. There is no cancellation fee if you cancel within 24 hours of registering.
To cancel, please send an email to email@example.com with your child's name and date of registration, and reason for canceling.
After the 24 hour grace-period, we will charge a cancellation fee, as a percentage of the total tuition and fees, as follows.
1. If you cancel within six days after registration, a 25% cancellation fee will be charged.
2. If you cancel between 7 days and 14 days after registration, a 50% cancellation fee will be charged.
3. If you cancel 15 days after registration or later, a 100% cancellation fee will be charged.
We will issue invoices within three days of registration, but please note that all Special Program fees are due seven days after the registration date.
6. Coronavirus Safety Policy (8/20/2021)
In the case of one or more positive coronavirus infections occurring at Joy to the World (student or staff), we will work with the Bunkyo Health Office and may close as a school in keeping with their recommendation or as a safety precaution by Joy to prevent the spread of the virus. In this case, we will not offer refunds, credits, or make-up lessons for canceled classes, Set Extended care, and Bus Maintenance Fees.
We want to remind our families that although we will do our best to continue providing our services to our school community, we take safety very seriously and we thank you for your understanding in the case of a school closure for this reason.
You will receive an invoice for the tuition and bus together. Canceling or changing the bus after your invoice has been distributed will incur a cancellation fee of ¥5,000. Therefore we will refund the bus fee minus ¥5,000.
Special bus schedules: If you need to have a schedule that changes locations or days, you will need to secure each location and time as a separate bus route. This means that you will have to pay for a full bus schedule for each option. For example, if you want you child to be picked up at home on Mon - Wed, but from a relatives house on Thu-Fri, you would have to pay for two full schedules at each location.
Bus deposits (¥5,000) will not be refunded for any reason.
There are no refunds or credits for missed bus service.
We will send your bus and program invoice together. If you indicate that bus service is absolutely required in order to join the program and we cannot provide the bus service, we will then give you a credit if you are a member and a full refund if you are a non-member. Refunds and credits will be processed after approximately 2 weeks.
You are required to pay 100% of the bus invoice as the cancellation fee from the 2nd day of your application. Cancellation by 12:00 midnight of the day of application will be free.
Joy Bus Change Fee: ¥ 5,000 per request (Please plan carefully!)