New: Triple Play Summer Camp
Join us for a week filled with extra care, fun, and an opportunity to create lasting memories at Joy's Triple Play Summer Program. Open to children aged 2-6, our multi-age program offers a diverse and engaging experience. With various activities, games, and learning opportunities, your child will have a summer to remember.
- Dates: August 28th - September 1st, 2023
- Time: 9:30 am - 3:00 pm
- Age Group: 2-6 years (Multi-Age)
- Limited to one class of 16 students
- Full Week: ¥51,000
- "By Day": ¥11,000 per day
Set Extended Care Packages
- AM Set (8 am ~): +¥5,000 per week
- PM Set (~ 6 pm): +¥15,000 per week
- Full Day (8 am ~ 6 pm): +¥20,000 per week
Extended care ordered outside of Set Extended Care Packages is ¥1000 per 30 mins. No school lunch or bus service is available this week.
Already registered for our regular summer program 2023? Great news! You're eligible for a fantastic ¥5,000 discount. (Full Week plan only.)
Don't miss out on this special opportunity! Enroll your child today and let the JOY begin!
*Our regular Joy Summer 2023 enrollments cannot transfer to the Triple Play Summer Program. These are separate programs with separate registrations.
Joy Summer Program 2023!
Joy Summer offers a variety of age-appropriate activities for children 12 months old to 4th grade.
Week 1: July 24 - 28
Week 2: July 31 - Aug 4
Week 3: Aug 7-11
Week 4: Aug 14-18
Week 5: Aug 21-25
18 months - Elem. 4th Grade
(Limited openings for 12-17 month-olds; please check with the school office for availability.)
Main Program: 9:30 am - 1:30 pm
Free Extended Care: 1:30 - 3:00 pm
Paid Extended Care
Morning Extended Care: 8:00 - 9:30 am
Afternoon Extended Care: 3:00 - 6:45 pm
- Super Early Bird: April 14 - Save ¥4000 per week
- Early Bird: April 21 - Save ¥3000 per week
- Bus Deadline: May 6 (3:00 pm)
- Signup Deadline: June 16
What is Joy Summer?
Joy Summer students will enjoy a mix of outdoor and indoor activities, such as water play at the park, team-building games, and hands-on summer crafts designed to spark creativity.
Your child will gain a sense of community and belonging as they form friendships and develops essential skills like teamwork, problem-solving, and self-expression. They will create lasting memories and friendships while having fun and learning new skills.
Secure your child's spot for a summer of fun, learning, and lasting memories. Register early, as class sizes are limited.
Registration may close earlier than June 16 if seats are full!
Be sure to read registration rules below.
- ¥51,000 per Week
*Tuition includes lunch.
*If late sign-ups are accepted after Jun 16, 2023, there will be a ¥1000 service fee.
*If late bus sign-ups are accepted after May 6. 2023 there will be a ¥2000 service fee.
Save more on tuition with our multi-week sign-up, starting at ¥96,000 for two weeks of Summer!
- Any 2 Weeks: ¥96,000
- Any 3 Weeks: ¥135,000
- Any 4 Weeks: ¥160,000
- All 5 Weeks: ¥180,000
8:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
AM Extended Care provides an early drop-off option for parents before the regular program begins.
9:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
The day starts with a morning circle, followed by engaging in crafts or learning songs, then heading to the park. After park time, we enjoy lunch and conclude the day with more exciting activities.
Please note that we prioritize outdoor time but will consider indoor activities during extreme heat for safety reasons.
Free Extended Care
1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Our complimentary extended care is available to all Summer Fun program students. So even though the main events have ended, we may continue with unfinished crafts, enjoy group storytime, or engage in playtime!
PM Extended Care
3:00 p.m. - 6:45 p.m.
The PM Extended Care, open until 6:45 p.m., accommodates students of all ages. We offer a small snack and a variety of activities and playtimes during this period.
Extended Care Fees
Tickets offer the most convenience as they can be used for specific days, allowing you to purchase only the required amount.
"Special Program Extended Care Tickets" can be purchased at the Joy the World School Office starting in July. These tickets are valid exclusively for Joy to the World Special Programs.
8:00 - 9:30 a.m. (¥1,300)
3:00 - 4:00 p.m. (¥1,300)
3:00 - 5:00 p.m. (¥2,600)
3:00 - 6:00 p.m. (¥3,900)
3:00 - 6:45 p.m. (¥4,500)
**For families in regular Joy programs (Joy Tots, K1, K2, K3, AK, and AE): Regular Extended Care tickets cannot be used for Special Programs.
Discount Extended Care Packages
Selecting weekly packages makes the process easier by removing the need for tickets. You can add "Discount Extended Care Packages" directly on the registration form.
8:00 a.m. - 1:30/3:00 p.m. +¥5,500 per week
9:30 a.m. - 6:45 p.m. +¥20,000 per week
Full AM + PM Package
8:00 a.m. - 6:45 p.m. +¥25,000 per week
During the Summer Fun program you can wear any Yellow shirt, Joy Uniform, or our exclusive Summer Fun T-Shirt!
Sizes 90 cm - 160 cm are ¥1000
Size S, M, L are ¥1100
Sizes: 90cm - 160 cm, S, M, L
See size chart below.
*90 cm shirts have button snaps
After signing up online, you will receive an email with an enrollment confirmation. If you do not receive this email, please call the school immediately. You application will not be processed/submitted if you did not receive the confirmation email. Invoices will be emailed to the address used during the sign-up.
1. For families using our Early Bird Discount, please be sure to pay your invoice by the due date. If your payment is late, and you did not contact the office, the Early Bird Discount will not apply.
2. If you add another week of the program after the Early Bird Discount deadline, you will still receive the multi-week discount, but will lose the Early Bird Discount. (You can add another week/s only if seats are available. Please understand that the bus may not be available for weeks added after your original sign-up.)
3. Based on availability, you may be able to add a week(s) after June 17. In that case, each week will be charged the full 1 week price. No multi-week discounts will apply.
4. There are no refunds or make-ups for absences for any reason. If you are signed-up for late or early extended care, there is also no refund or make-ups for time lost by being late, or leaving early.
5. Children with food allergies may need to provide their own lunch or supplement their lunch. Please call for details. There is no discount or change in the tuition in this case.
6. In order to sign up for our 3-6 year old program, your child must be fully toilet trained and be able to use the bathroom without assistance.
7. Changing weeks after applying:
Please call us if you would like to change the week.After you call us, we will send you the link to the “Change of Status” form via e-mail for you to fill out.Please understand that we may not be able to change the week(s) you signed up for if it is already full or if a bus schedule change cannot be provided.The change of status fee is ¥2,000. It is non-refundable
8. T-shirt changes are not allowed. If you need another size, please make another order.
Summer Cancellation Policy
Be sure to understand our cancellation policy before registering, and be careful in making your decision for the program's weeks and bus service to avoid cancellation fees.
For all Summer Program sign ups, we have a 24 hour grace period. There is no cancellation fee if you cancel within 24 hours of registering.
To cancel, please send an email to email@example.com with your child's name and date of registration, and reason for canceling.
After the 24 hour grace-period, we will charge a cancellation fee, as a percentage of the total tuition and fees, as follows.
- If you cancel within six days after registration, a 25% cancellation fee will be charged.
- If you cancel between 7 days and 14 days after registration, a 50% cancellation fee will be charged.
- If you cancel 15 days after registration or later, a 100% cancellation fee will be charged.
We will issue invoices within three days of registration, but please note that all Summer Program fees are due seven days after the registration date.
Summer Bus Rules
All bus requests accepted after May 6 will incur a ¥2,000 service fee.
The Bus Fee for bus requests accepted after May 12 will be:
- One-Way ¥4,250 per week
- Round-Trip ¥6,500 per week
Bus Request Deadline:
May 6, 2022 3:00 p.m.
One-Way ¥3,750 per week
Round-Trip ¥6,000 per week
Pick-up and drop-off times and address need to be the same throughout the whole week.
You will receive an invoice for the tuition and bus together. Canceling or changing the bus after your invoice has been distributed will incur a cancellation fee of ¥5,000. Therefore we will refund the bus fee minus ¥5,000.
*If late bus sign-ups are accepted after May 6, 2023 there will be a ¥2000 service fee.
Special Notice about Summer Bus!
Special bus schedules: If you need to have a schedule that changes locations or days, you will need to secure each location and time as a separate bus route. This means that you will have to pay for a full bus schedule for each option. For example, if you want you child to picked up at home on Mon - Wed, but from a relatives house on Thu-Fri, you would have to pay for two full schedules at each location.
There are no refunds or credits for missed bus service.
We will send your bus and program invoice together. If you indicate that bus service is absolutely required in order to join the program and we cannot provide the bus service, we will then give you a credit if you are a member and a full refund if you are a non-member. Refunds and credits will be processed after approximately 2 weeks.
You are required to pay 100% of the bus invoice as the cancellation fee from the 2nd day of your application. Cancellation by 12:00 midnight of the day of application will be free.
Joy Bus Change Fee: ¥ 5,000 per request (Please plan carefully!)