Keiki Ukulele Club
Jerry takes children from learning to hold the ukulele and tune it to playing and singing several songs with different strumming techniques in his lessons.
Beginning Ukulele lessons for Kids between the ages of 4~6.
Song titles will include well known children's songs, Hawaiian songs as well as some original songs by Jerry Hanus often performed by Hoaloha in Hawaii during the Joy Hawaii Program.
Don't miss out on your chance for your child to learn how to play the ukulele just like a real Hawaiian, or in this case, just like Jerry! 🌸 Be a part of the Keiki Ukulele Club at Joy Studios!
Children Will Learn:
- How to tune the ukulele
- How to take care of your ukulele
- How to hold the ukulele properly
- How to finger basic chords in order to play dozens of songs
- How to strum the ukulele with various strumming patterns
- How to sing along while playing the ukulele
- How to have fun
- It is inexpensive!
- It is small and easy to hold
- It is easy to learn because it has only 4 strings
- It’s the perfect instrument to guide children into the world of music and teach the basics of beat, harmony, melody, rhythm and tempo
- It is fun because children learn quickly!
Teacher: Jerry and Support: Cris
Maximum Students: 12
Class Day & Time: Wednesday 2:00pm~3:30pm
September 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
October 6, 13, 20, 27
November 3, 10, 17, 24
December 1, 8, 15
Tuition: ¥3,000 per class, 16 lessons, Total: ¥48,000
January 5, 12, 19, 26
February 2, 9, 16, 23
March 2, 9, 16, 23
Tuition: ¥3,000 per class, 12 lessons, Total: ¥36,000
- Tuition includes taking your children to Joy Studio for a fun filled lesson and then bring them back to Joy by 3:30pm.
- Practice Ukuleles will be provided for each student at the Studio, but not to be taken home.
- You may purchase an ukulele through the school at a discounted price.
- You may purchase a “Soprano” or “concert” ukulele for your child at the place of your choice. A Soprano size ukulele is recommended for little children.
- You may rent an Ukulele from the school for ¥5,000 per term as long as you are enrolled in the “Keiki Ukulele Club.”